WHAT WE OFFER
WHAT WE OFFER
To help every single student to achieve competences in the different areas of study, our school provides a wide range of projects:
STRENGTHENING TEACHING ACTIVITIES
This formula consists in older students providing teaching support to younger ones in subjects like Italian, Maths and English language. This is an afternoon activity taking place in the first months of the school year and addressed to first year students in order to help them overcome the impact with a new school. In fact, elder students from third, fourth and fifth years, guided and tutored by their teachers, will support their younger school mates in any difficulty they might find at the start of higher education school.
LANGUAGE STRENGTHENING PROGRAMME
- To first and second year students the school offers the opportunity to study English in small groups thanks to the presence of two teachers per class. This one-to-one teaching formula is aimed at reducing school failure on one hand and to increase the number of excellent students on the other.
- To third and fourth year students the school offers the opportunity to study foreign languages abroad for two weeks at the very beginning of the school year. This formula includes 40 hour classes in language schools and accommodation in local families in the following countries: UK, Ireland, Spain, France, Germany and Austria.
- Our school provides specific language courses to prepare students B1 and B2 level Language Certificate Tests such as Cambridge Certificate, German Zertifikat, French Delf and Spanish Dele.
- To increase the opportunity to learn English, our school has joined the Educhange project which involves international volunteers from AIESEC Italy (International Student Association) who get actively involved in the teaching curriculum for six weeks of English lessons and workshops inspired by global issues.
MATHEMATICS STRENGTHENING PROGRAMME
- To first and second year students our school offers morning and afternoon mathematics strengthening courses all year round.
- To fifth year students our school offers the opportunity to follow University Entry Test training courses taking place in April and May.
HUMANITIES STRENGTHENING PROGRAMME
- To third, fourth and fifth year Social Sciences High School students, our school offers the opportunity to follow specific free access afternoon courses to reinforce their competence in Business Administration, Social Study, Law, Economics and Social Research Methodology
– Mediterranean Maths Games
– Grand Prix of Applied Mathematics
– Mathematics “Knockout Game”
– English Language Kangourou national competition for first and second year students
– “Stregatta Prize”Literary Contest now got at its 21st edition
TO GET ORIENTED AMONG EDUCATION AND WORKING OPPORTUNITIES
From 200 to 400 hours work internship for both Technical and Humanities studies, to develop a first hand experience of the work environment together with the competences required by the different educational and professional profiles offered by our school to face the future job or university career.
Supported by a long lasting experience, our school offers a variety of job training opportunities in co-operation with local bodies and institutions, such as Milan Municipality and Provincia di Milano, public and private businesses, accounting firms and tourism operators established in the area. Among them: Bosch, Bayer, Adidas, Eni (training platform), Gabetti Real Estate Group, NH Hotel Group, Isec Foundation, National Archives, State University of Milan.
Post Diploma Orienteering
Our school organises and promotes a number of activities to help access university and work:
- Introduction to Academic Departments and open lessons in local universities.
- Meetings with University representatives, professional and business associations.
- Help desk for students
TO DEVELOP CITIZENSHIP AWARENESS
JOURNALISM IN THE CLASSROOM
Reading activities and analysis of the following Italian newspapers: Corriere della Sera, Il Giorno– QN, Il Sole 24 ore, meetings with famous journalists, newspapers directors, editors and opinion leaders.
Intended to develop European citizenship by consolidating language competences and enhancing the knowledge of the artistic, natural and historical heritage both in Italy and abroad.
INVITATION TO THE THEATRE
This project offers the opportunity to attend plays in city theatres accompanied by teachers.
HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
PREVENTION AT SCHOOL
This project is aimed at preventing teenage social and health problems by developing personal awareness through a series of seminars, conferences and meetings for classes or small groups in co-operation with various institutions and experts.
OPEN SCHOOL FOR SPORT
Football, basketball, volleyball tournaments, athletics, interscholastic events in the local area organised in the morning or in the afternoon
An opportunity for students to express their doubts and worries, parents and teachers are welcome too.
Throughout the school year our teachers provide review courses taking place either in the morning or in the afternoon.
These initiatives are designed to support students changing from one course of study to another or transferring to another school.
For many years now our school has been involved offering dedicated services to foreign students (like Italian language courses) within the regular school day and afternoon study support laboratories.
- 4 Information Technology Laboratories
- 1 Language Laboratory
- 3 Audiovisual Classrooms
- Library with 16000 volumes
- 1 video archive
- Big Hall with 280 seats
- 2 Gyms
- Big open area sport ground including a football ground and an athletic track
|HUMANITIES HIGH SCHOOL||TECHNICAL HIGH SCHOOL|
|1st hour||8.10 – 9.05||8.10 – 9.05|
|2nd hour||9.05 – 10.05||9.05 – 10.05|
|3rd hour||10.05 – 10.55b||10.05 – 10.55|
|break||10.55 – 11.15||10.55 – 11.15|
|4th hour||11.15 – 12.05||11.15 – 12.05|
|5th hour||12.05 – 13.05||12.05 – 13.05|
|6th hour||13.05 – 14.00||13.05 – 14.00|
|break||13.55 – 14.15|
|7th hour||14.15 -15.00 (once a week)|
|8th hour||15.00 – 16.00|
FREE SATURDAY FOR ALL CLASSES
HOW TO REACH US
Bus lines 44, 51, 53, 56, 75
Underground MM2 Cimiano